Saturday, January 10, 2009

M. Cheryl Green

When did you first decide you wanted to be a writer?
"Throughout the years I have scribbled, writing prose, but never took the next steps to see if my work was something anyone would read. In recent years, I’ve found myself writing more and more and decided to take a chance on a submission."

What is your preferred type of writing?
"I don’t have a strong preference. I can say that I would probably never write a purely romantic or erotic romance story. I lean toward paranormal, fantasy and storylines that amplify the dark side of our daily lives."

What is the most challenging part of the writing process for you?
"The editing is always a challenge. I really don’t pay a lot of attention to editing when I’m writing and I’m not a grammarian. I have improved quite a bit, but I still struggle with some phrases."

Where did the idea come from for the storyline?
"I’m not sure. I was speedwriting, nothing planned, and after a couple of hours I had the storyline for Remote Bliss."

What does audio production bring to your story?
"First of all, I’m a huge fan of audio books and own more than five dozen. In a few cases, I’ve read the book and then listened to the audio. Having a book read brings life to the characters. It adds dimensions to the story that words cannot always convey. I think that the audio production has done that for Remote Bliss. This is a great benefit for novelettes in general, a chance to be heard."

Are you planning to write any novels in the future?
"Not really, my focus is basically on the longer length short story or novelette."

What are you currently working on?
"I’m currently working on a paranormal storyline. I don’t have a title at this time."



Published 12-2008, Mind Wings Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment