Saturday, January 10, 2009

D. L. Wilson



When did you first decide you wanted to be a writer?
"I’ve wanted to since I was a child, but about a year and a half ago, I finally decided I was going to give it my best shot."

What is your preferred type of writing?
“I prefer sci-fi and horror, but I am also writing a fantasy novel, and I like to write tales of the supernatural.”

What is the most challenging part of the writing process for you?
“The outline, definitely! For the most part, the entire story unfolds during the outline process. Coming up with character names, backgrounds, habits, quirks and so forth is quite challenging. I want my characters to be as realistic as possible. I do a lot of research for every story I write, as I feel this is paramount to producing a good story.”

What does audio production bring to your story?
“It brings it to life, really. Mr. Simmons did a fantastic job with the various characters’ voices. I’ve always felt that a story on audio was far better than a story simply read. It provides more in the way of visualization, and literally brings the characters to life.”

How did you come up with the idea for the storyline for Through the Eyes of a Killer?
“The idea just came to me out of the expansive void that is my mind. The idea for this story had a “Wow!” effect on me. I knew I was onto something, and after conceiving the initial idea, the rest of the story just poured out of me. Thanks to the editors at Mind Wings Audio, the story was made better than it was when I first submitted it."

Are you planning to write any novels in the future?
“I am currently writing two novels: Nathan And I is a post-apocalyptic fantasy novel. And Starship Earth is a science fiction novel."




Published 12-2008, Mind Wings Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment