Friday, February 5, 2010

Victoria S. Johnson

Victoria S. Johnson enjoys writing short stories, novels and poems, as well as reading them. She takes pleasure in road trips, and seeing the beauty of the country. Victoria also spends time assisting the elderly and handicapped people in her community.

Was there any particular inspiration for Ninety Days?
I actually did go on an interview with my right arm in a cast. During the interviewing process, one of the places I went to, had a full size bronze cast, of a foal in the lobby. I've never forgotten it, and it worked well with the story line.

Do you prefer writing romance stories?
Yes, I have been reading or trying to write romance novels for quite some time. I also enjoy murder mysteries, westerns, and audio-biographies.

What do you think makes a good story?
Making the characters believable, showing not only their good points, but also their faults, and idiosyncrasies. Also, when possible put in some historical facts about the time period, or particular city or place. I think it helps the reader to visualize how things were when your writing about the past. One of my favorite authors Ann Perry, does a marvelous job of bringing the sights and sounds of 18th century London to life.

What is the most challenging part of the writing process for you?
I have to admit, that punctuation is something that I need to be constantly correcting.

What does audio production bring to your story?
It gives a actual voice to the characters, brings the listener closer to the story line, and enhances the plot.

When did you first decide you wanted to be a writer?
After reading The Good Earth, by Pearl S. Buck. She opened up the mystery of far away China, as well as the people who lived there. I still have the book, and read it about every five years.

Are you working on any stories or other literary works at the present?
Yes. I am working on a short story called Mama Lu's trunk, written in the time period of the early 1900's. And a romance suspense novel called Brandi Wine, written in the 1850's. I also have a nice compilation of poems that I've been writing since 1970.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I am an avid walker. I also enjoy hiking around Arches, and Canyonlands.




Published: 2-2010, Mind Wings Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment